Friday 24 May 2013

a song for friday

NZ Music Month hasn't really worked its way into my life this year; me becoming a hermit, and all. I know there are special events on at the local library and there are certain to be related gigs on in town which ordinarily I would intend to go to (but then get so comfortable at the pub, it wouldn't actually happen). I like to think that the large amount of local music Jimmy and I listen to at home makes music month redundant (but still enjoyable) for us, but the last NZ act we saw live who weren't playing support for an overseas artist was over a year ago (Street Chant at Mighty Mighty - they were excellent, and I danced as much with as beside a potted tree), so obviously that's not true. So instead of the Fleetwood Mac song I had intended to post which has swum around my head every time I notice my little shadow (my dog), here is one of my favourite ever NZ songs, which is infinitely more suited to a Friday afternoon. In fact, I used to sometimes put this on repeat for my last half hour at work on a Friday, so that the air was so thick with anticipation I had to squeeze through it before dancing my way to the pub. Those were the days.

Off to do some more buying (the fun bit) before coming home to do more battle with the business plan (the other bit). This song and beer are going to find their way in there; I hope they find their way into your afternoon too. Happy Friday, friends, Romans, customers. (Bit of Shakespearean humour for you... oh our children are going to be lonely.)

No comments:

Post a Comment