Tuesday 13 August 2013

a song for a grey tuesday

There's something so satisfying about having weather to match your mood. Not that you can't feel energetic on a cold and cloudy afternoon, but it seems almost unnatural in its contrast to the dull colours, and the wind that chases you in, not out. (I feel very differently about storms, though, which breathe life I forget I have into me. I always felt some sympathy for Lady Macbeth; if I was going to do something really evil, I'd do it during a wicked storm, too, and more power to me if the horses went crazy.)

Anyway, we've printed out our agreement to lease, and I feel as if I should be smoking a cigar in my shirtsleeves while I sign it, smiling wryly at a camera. And then, with things really and truly underway, I should then be making lists, and sorting clothes, and filling in the cash-book I downloaded months ago, and generally being excited. But the weather! The weather says no! The weather says stay in bed, and while away the afternoon staring through the sky, and thinking about how beautiful grey can be. Am I bigger than the weather?!


Even if I was, I'm not bigger than the love between John Lennon and Yoko Ono. No cigars today. Just this song, and musings, and more chocolate than is good for me. (When you don't bother putting on pants, you stop worrying about being able to fit them; it's a win-win.)



All images from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment