Monday 24 June 2013

progress update and L'Wren Scott

The update:
1. We're still waiting to hear back from the property manager about whether or not they'll do all of the things we would like to the premises before we move in, and if they'll agree to a year's trial. I guess I could be working on the design while we wait. I don't know what to tell you about that. Mark: 4
2. Jimmy reminded me this morning that it's been about a month since I made that appointment to see a business account advisor from the bank, and I still haven't heard from them (and I haven't rung to chase up so yeah, yeah, it's not entirely them). Mark: 6 (At least I went in to make the appointment! And I didn't ring after the first week because I couldn't find the reference number the bank lady gave me... okay.) Revised mark: 5
3. There are piles of clothes in the spare room waiting to be sorted. I think it makes sense to wait until the racks are ready to do this. Mark: 9
4. I still haven't started filling in my cash-book since the guy from IRD taught me how to use it. Mark: 7 (I know how to use it! That's worth two marks at least!)
5. I haven't done any buying in about two weeks. It's cold!!! Mark: 5 (My son's a kiwi kid, Arthur Lydiard.)

Total: 30/50 Not bad!


Anyway, I've been looking through the Resort collections and everyone's picks, and had decided I wasn't going to put up mine as well, before realising that's something I'm trying to grow out of (ie not doing something just because someone else has done it). I AM turning a significant number next month, after all (more on that in the future). But to do it a little differently, here are some looks I like a lot from L'Wren Scott's collection from Resort 2013 (not this season's), inspired by her collection of WWI and WWII propaganda. It's bright and sunny, I love the form-fit, and one of her models is black (a rarity in these collections, which just isn't good enough). Hat's off, L'Wren! (Dad joke; Hat's Off is the name of one of one of the prints... sorry.) My favourite look is the last one; beautiful and very funny.





No comments:

Post a Comment