Saturday 11 May 2013

hollywood does "punk"

For the most part, it was "punk" not punk, or at least punk like I've never seen it before, at the Met Gala a few days ago. I blame Deborah Harry. You can't be a playboy bunny and then enter the punk world without undermining it somewhat.

My favourite punks: Anja Rubik (channelling Bowie and Siouxsie), Dree Hemingway, Cara Delevigne (with coke securely in pocket), Jaime King, and Anne Hathaway (who knew? I always find her so irritatingly inoffensive - punk is the answer! Apparently her look was inspired by Deborah Harry... yeah, yeah, shut up). No surprise that most are models. Two hyphenated words. Ugly-pretty.






And my favourite non-punks: Solange (always), Chloe Sevigny (of course), and Rooney Mara. Aside from the amazing clothes she wears, I love what Rooney adds with her haunted look; I imagine her as a child with an imaginary friend threatening to kill her. Poor little Rooney.




All images from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment