Tuesday 16 April 2013

well-heeled



I didn't get into the slipper thing. The main reason was that it seemed like such a trend, and the kind where I just didn't get it; it wasn't funny, and it was just one component of a bigger trend that worked really well together, but out of context looked a bit weird (to me). Also, it reminded me of Hugh Hefner, and the only time I want to be reminded of him is if it's the alternative to being reminded of Donald Trump (vomit, curse and vomit). But then I saw these woven leather slip-ons with a copper toe, and I changed my mind. Strictly speaking, they're not slippers; they're woven! Yes, they include another very obvious trend with the contrasting toe. So what. They're called Rima, and they're by Dolce Vita, whom I thought only did boots (which would be enough - I have lost sleep over some of them), but happily, I was mistaken.

2 comments: