Wednesday 19 June 2013

the comedown, and brightening up

I was so excited, I couldn't get to sleep last night. And then I awoke to find this:


I've never been so unhappy to see higher than anticipated temperatures. Today's sleet has been downgraded to rain. Rain! pfth (that was me spitting on the ground). I cut it out because it's just too depressing, but Sunday's forecast has the sun peeking out from behind a cloud. The sun! Spare me.

I'm definitely on the comedown. The thought of which reminds me of those crazy outfits you put on when you're hungover but not totally aware of it; like your brain is sparing you the conscious knowledge that you're being weird because it knows that you're doing your best, and the last thing you need to know is that your best looks like you let three warring two-year-olds choose your outfit. But why is it always a hungover day when you decide to debut the brightest/strangest thing in your wardrobe? I couldn't tell you.

I'm not planning a hangover, but one rarely does, so we may as well all be prepared; plus, this grey weather could use brightening. The way to wear bright and bold (and costume), and look excellent, demonstrated by Susie Bubble, Cher, Isabella Blow, and the great Vivienne Westwood (who all deserve their own posts). (The link is to Westwood's blog, which I just discovered - it's good!)




1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

God I love Cher. In case you missed it, here's the video she and Kathy Griffin made before last year's US election. And Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves, because it's raining and not snowing. We deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment