Friday 28 June 2013

Mae West on a friday

Uninspired, in a hurry to get out of the house and do some buying, and still recovering from my absolutely disgusting dream this morning where I was regurgitating whole egg yolks (even writing that made the back of my throat feel weird and pukey), I wasn't sure what to post about today... until I checked in with Style.com, and saw Mae West - these beautiful, beautiful shoes from Charlotte Olympia's Pre Fall 2013 collection. Never mind that I would step through a crack in our garden path and ruin the heel immediately; I would love to wear these shoes. I feel certain I would start dropping one-liners worthy of their namesake all over the place, glide more than walk, and be simply devastating.


I think it's good to have someone like Mae West on your mind before heading out on Friday (I'm more likely to be channelling my beloved Dorothy Parker - I don't need to tell you the consequences). Even if we don't have the shoes she inspired, we can definitely have her attitude. Below are more shoes from the collection - Starlet and Rising Star, respectively, and some other pearlers from West. Go forth and devastate!

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."


"When I'm good, I'm very good. When I'm bad, I'm better."



"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment