Wednesday 17 April 2013

closet visit

I don't remember where I first came across Closet Visit but I'll credit Miss Moss (if it wasn't through her, enough things have been that she deserves it). Every month or so, Jeana Sohn, a very talented artist from LA, stops in to see (yes, I had written "visits" and then realised that was repetitive and a bit redundant) a stylish woman, taking photos of the woman and/in her wardrobe, and asking her a few questions about her style and her life. I love it. In spite of the fact Jeana had a baby last year and hasn't updated Closet Visit since a few months before the birth, I still find myself going back and re-visiting, to the point where I feel as if I kind of know some of the women (stalker party, table for one); Allison Miller is on Go On at the moment, and she might as well be my friend for how happy I was when I saw her. Like the best places, the visits inspire me all over again each time I go there, and rather than making me want to go shopping, they make me want to go and see what's already in my wardrobe. (Which probably isn't what I want to encourage when I'm opening a shop... I see that business is going to interfere with my values, and that I'm going to have to get better at this.) Some photos from my favourites follow (my absolute favourite is Sunny Walker's); find yours here at Closet Visit.









No comments:

Post a Comment