Monday 29 July 2013

three things

It's my birthday eve today, so just a quick post; I have celebrating to do! Today's celebrations include trips to some of my favourite Auckland op shops, and watching the Judy Garland version of A Star Is Born. Oh how I love Judy. Almost as much as I love birthdays. ALMOST.

1. More Pretty In Pink. I wasn't a huge fan of Andie's clothes (maybe partly because I remember when people really wore beige stockings), but I really liked Iona's. Maybe my thirties will be the time to start experimenting with wigs?





2. I've been hoping to make it to California Design, 1930-1965: Living in a Modern Way at the Auckland Art Gallery since we arrived - it looks great! The exhibition includes furniture by Charles and Ray Eames, and graphics by Saul Bass. I love mid-century Californian design, which can be traced back to the first time I saw The Parent Trap as a kid, and fell in love with Mitch's house. The house deserves its own post (it's my dream-house, and the day I read it was built on a sound-stage was a notable step in my journey to adulthood). If I make it to the exhibition, I'll let you know if it deserves its own post too.

3. Cher (and Greg Allman), getting the jump on my birthday celebrations at a Doobie Brothers party wbw (way back when; is that already an acronym in use, or did I just start something?). Photo from Old Loves, which always has great photos of some of my favourite people. I don't know what she's wearing, but I LOVE it. Cher and Judy Garland = INSPIRATIONS.


No comments:

Post a Comment