Friday 19 July 2013

"...please airmail me some scotch tape"

Today I'm going to Wellington to meet my sisters for a combined birthday weekend; my parents' idiosyncratic reproductivity means that the three of us have our birthdays in July and are exactly five years apart (ten between me and my big sister). I have been looking forward to to trip since its inception, and when unable to sleep have planned and revised what I'll wear. It's very sad, but if you ever find yourself being at home in warm jumpers all the time, you'll understand. There'll be a lot of eating, and drinking, and gallery visits, and being mean to each other and about people we know. I can't wait.

Although what I'm taking bears only the slightest resemblance to her wardrobe, something has made me think about Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina. Maybe it's all the black I'm taking. Maybe it's my subconscious telling me I should go to a hairdresser because the haircut I gave myself a month ago is growing out HORRIBLY. I don't know. Maybe it's just because there's a packing scene in the movie.




All images from here. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment