Tuesday 16 July 2013

film inspiration: Adrian Pennino

I think only a heart of stone could not be moved by the first Rocky film. Admittedly, it spawned five sequels, so some people might have suffered from franchise fatigue (I haven't seen any of them yet so I can't weigh in) and the feelings of love the first film conjured might have faded. But try to remember! Remember the slights! Remember the turtle food jokes! Remember the training montage!!! And don't even get me started on the story of the film's conception; Stallone being forced to sell Butkus on account of being broke (and then buying him back when the film was sold but having to give the guy a small part in the movie as part of the deal), and the scenes he had to rewrite to fit props that couldn't be replaced on account of being broke. What's not to love?!!

Obviously, I love the film. I love the story. I love Rocky. And I love Adrian. To me, Rocky and Adrian are one of film's greatest love stories. They fill each others gaps, you guys. What's more romantic and beautiful than that?

If you haven't seen it, quit reading this immediately - you have more important business to attend to. If you have, enjoy the break from my raptures, and check out Adrian's most excellent wardrobe.

"I just want to say hi to my girlfriend, okay? Yo, Adrian! It's me, Rocky"











No comments:

Post a Comment