Friday 12 July 2013

a beautiful dress, and a song for friday

First, the dress, from astro vintage. It makes me want to put on a fluffy blue suit and stumble towards it saying me want cookie; it's THAT beautiful. Don't you think you would be more assertive and competent dressed in this? And ready for anything? I do. The description mentions Joan Harris (nee Holloway). I LOVE Joan. The woman, the wardrobe...

I'd wear this dress with emerald green pumps, green earrings, and a great deal of sass. "What's that now?" etc. Or maybe just let my eyes do the talking, like Joan... No, I'll never be that woman. Better work on my sassy conversation.


And the song. I've been a fan of this song since I was a kid; it's so infectious, and so celebratory of life, and the simple act of dancing. It makes me think of women in '60s dresses and bare feet, or young girls in full skirts and flats, twisting around a bar or a summer camp hall with the same abandon. It's one of those songs that is all about the present, and that's just how a Friday afternoon should be. Week's done. Let's twist!

No comments:

Post a Comment