Tuesday 6 August 2013

this just in!

This wasn't meant to be today's post but life happens, you guys. Guess what? TELEVISION is coming to New Zealand!!! Unfortunately, by "New Zealand" I mean "The Powerstation, Auckland" only, but considering I didn't even know they were still together (let alone touring), picking our biggest city makes sense, and The Powerstation is one of my favourite venues. October 24. I should reconcile myself now to the fact that we probably won't be able to swing it. I guess that's okay. They cared enough about us to come! That's enough for me! (Okay, not really - in fact, not even close, but if it's an amazing show I'm going to be really, really resentful. Fake it till you make it. Is a phrase I've never really made my mind up about.)

Also just in, an update on the shop premises; they hope to have all of the work done by September 1st, so if we learn from history and give them two weeks after that, we should be able to move in halfway through next month! Depending on how long we take to paint... hopefully I've sped up since I painted my bedroom bottle-green in fourth form. I spent most of the time sitting at the top of the ladder wearing my fairy wings listening to Radiohead, and gave up after one coat. God, that green was oppressive. Anyway, yuss and yuss! Let us bask in the Marquee Moon-light.

No comments:

Post a Comment