Friday 14 June 2013

icon: Alison Mosshart

First, play THIS.

The thing is, fur coats have been around, in some form or another, since the Neanderthals. Black jeans, while not quite as old, are hardly new. People have been wearing tshirts since late nineteenth century. They've been worn together by many men and women over the years. Many have swapped the fur for leather, and the tshirt for plaid. Many have let their hair live its own life.

So why does the look belong to Alison Mosshart?















1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9

I don't know. What I do know is that when I wear my black jeans, my new fur (which I'm not supposed to have until next month), a tshirt (preferably Jimmy's Sabbath one), and ankle boots, I feel as if I'm dressed for anything; work, dinner, pub, library, wedding, funeral, school play, beach (in Dunedin). And I don't command a stage, or write excellent songs, or play the guitar like a pro. And my side project is not a band that has Jack White in it. Is it her talent? The cigarettes? Will I ever know?!

Alison Mosshart. Enigma. Style champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment