Tuesday 30 April 2013

doin' it

Okay, today we really get going. You may have noticed that yesterday's post had no mention of progress. That's because there was none, but before you get out your pitchfork: I have done something to my back. And before you say "that's convenient", let me assure you there has been nothing convenient about it. I can't lift anything heavier than a dinner-plate (okay, being able to hold a dinner-plate is kind of convenient), and the room where the clothes live - mine and the shop's - has a bed in it that isn't so easy to negotiate your way around, and we can't return it until I can lift again. You see my dilemma. However, I can make lists, plans, and sketches. (I don't know why I added sketches; lord knows what I would sketch. But Liz Lemon says list always need three things, so.) I kind of forgot that I could do that yesterday; feeling sorry for yourself takes a lot of energy and concentration (at least the way I do it).

Two hours sounded so manageable. It's been fifteen minutes, and ten was spent trying to remember the name of this song... but the best way to spur yourself to action is with an action soundtrack. So here is a Getting Things Done Montage song. And now off I go to Get Things Done. (Feel free to do your own montage - leg-warmers optional, high ponytail mandatory.)

No comments:

Post a Comment