Friday 26 April 2013

know thy enemy

I don't want it to seem like I wasn't serious about my last post. I was. Deadly serious, actually. But I also don't want this blog to turn into the tutorials I missed because I hadn't done the readings. This is a group project, which we are in together; you and me. I want to be honest with you.

So, since writing the last post, I have done almost nothing. Granted, I had my family staying with me until Wednesday evening, and then went to Aerosmith that night (was it awesome? yes, it was), from which I spent most of yesterday recovering. But I still found moments in the evenings, and several hours this morning, in which to indulge my newest procrastinating passion: computer games. Not even fancy ones; I'm talking Solitaire (all variants), Mah Jong, and a bit of Minesweeper.

These things are the enemy. They are even worse than the sort-of research I've been doing, because at least that was reading, and, with a few exceptions, reading is always good. Solitaire is not.

I did do some buying for the shop, but in the spirit of honesty, I have to confess I bought a coat and a (gorgeous) cardigan for the shop, and a skirt, two dresses and an old school blazer for myself. Jimmy might not appreciate this fact, but it seems clear to me that the only way to stock the shop is to overstock my wardrobe. I'll let you know how that goes.

I'm not saying I'm going to give up the Mah Jong. But I am hereby committing to two hours every day next week to Dogtown business, with you as my witness. Watch this space, friends!

And now, some inspiration, in the form of wonderfully stylish women from the excellent Advanced Style.



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Gah, I just saw this! I know, it's awesome! He hosted a party with Tavi a few years ago which is how I heard about the blog (that sounds like I was at the party... at New York Fashion Week... I actually just read about it on her blog). He did that recent campaign with Karen Walker too. They make me want to be old!

      Delete