Thursday 21 March 2013

Field of Dreams



Every time I've thought about starting this blog, I've thought of this movie (which I saw once, aged about eight, at my grandmother's house in Brisbane); more specifically, If You Build It, They Will Come. It may seem very presumptuous to be thinking this, in relation to a blog about a business, or possibly confident in a gross entrepreneurial way, neither of which are how I mean it. I suppose my thinking is: if I build it, and they want to come, there will be something to come to (even if I can't offer dead people, or Ray Liotta, and I haven't actually found premises yet - although yesterday we did have a look around town at a few prospective back-rooms, lunch-rooms, and dodgy alleyways). Today is a a month since we arrived in Dunedin (of which I've spent about a week in Auckland and a week in bed), and I haven't got a handle yet on what is K rd, or Old Kent rd, in Dunedin . I'm not even sure if my idea for the shop will work; I don't know enough of Dunedin people to know if they will like what I want to do, or if they'll hate it, and my idea will fade into debt and obscurity.

We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment